Our Calgary office is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team.
MDD is a specialized forensic accounting firm offering business valuations, forensic investigations and litigation support services. With more than 40 offices on 5 continents, our forensic accountants specialize in a wide range of practice areas.
Our assignments consist of disputes in commercial litigation, family law, fraud, business valuations, business disputes, natural and man-made catastrophes, lost profits, and insurance. Our partners and senior staff regularly provide extensive litigation services and expert witness testimony in courts, arbitrations and mediations throughout the world.
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical skills, a desire to work in a fast-paced work environment, as well as an interest in learning about new businesses. Our compensation packages are competitive with the major accounting firms.
We are looking for a qualified accountant with an interest in pursuing a career in forensic accounting.
The tasks performed will include, but are not limited to:
- Preliminary to intermediate analysis of sales, production and other accounting data
- Physical inventory observation, price testing
- Examination of source documents pertinent to engagement
- Checking and proofing reports and schedules
- Conduct phone or in person interviews to obtain information
- Prepare preliminary draft of report narrative and schedules
- Analyze and reconcile claim to final calculation
- Research, data analysis and evaluation
- Invoice analysis
- Attend marketing events and functions with clients
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA) or near completion
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience
- Interest in pursuing a secondary designation such as the CBV
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be able to work under pressure or tight deadlines
- Well-developed analytical, writing and problem solving skills
- Ability to understand a business and how loss events have impacted it
- Willingness to accept increasing responsibility as experience grows
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook
- Additional language skills considered an asset
There may be some expectation of travel with this position, depending on the nature of the assignments. For interested staff, MDD has opportunities for extended travel on assignment or transfers to other offices.
MDD firmly supports the development of our staff, and encourages continued learning through training programs, mentoring, and working with our global offices.
Take the next step towards an enriching, rewarding and fulfilling experience by applying today. Please address your cover letter and resume to:
Alaina Hern | Canadian Human Resources Manager
MDD is committed to fostering a work environment that believes in treating all people with respect and dignity. Employee diversity and equality is an integral part of MDD’s business practices. MDD welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates selected throughout the recruitment process.
Thank you for your interest in MDD Forensic Accountants.