Position: Senior Accountant
Company: MDD Forensic Accountants
Location: Halifax, NS
Our Halifax office is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team.
Opportunity, challenge, growth and success.
With a global presence, MDD provides an abundance of opportunities for you to be challenged, grow and succeed. Embrace these opportunities and develop your professional career in a dynamic and friendly work environment.
With more than 40 offices on 5 continents, MDD is the world’s premier forensic accounting firm. Experienced in over 800 industries, we frequently work with government entities, independent adjustment firms, insurance companies, law firms, multi-national corporations and small businesses. Our forensic accountants specialize in a wide range of practice areas and our work spans more than 130 countries.
Our professionals help evaluate and determine litigation damages, business valuations and insurance claims in a clear and concise manner that can stand up to scrutiny. Our partners and senior staff regularly provide extensive litigation services and expert witness testimony in courts, arbitrations and mediations throughout the world.
Current and past assignments include a variety of high-profile cases related to commercial litigation, fraud and corruption, business valuations, business disputes, natural and man-made catastrophes, lost profits, business interruption, product liability and recall, and subrogation.
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical skills, a desire to work in a fast paced work environment, as well as an interest in learning about new businesses. Our compensation packages are competitive with the major accounting firms.
There may be some expectation of travel with this position, depending on the nature of the assignments.
We are looking for a qualified accountant with an interest in pursuing a career in forensic accounting.
The tasks performed will include, but are not limited to:
- Preliminary to intermediate analysis of sales, production and other accounting data
- Physical inventory observation, price testing
- Examination of source documents pertinent to engagement
- Checking and proofing reports and schedules
- Conduct phone or in person interviews to obtain information
- Prepare preliminary draft of report narrative and schedules
- Analyze and reconcile claim to final calculation
- Perform certain field review related tasks without direct supervision
- Develop preliminary assignment program
- Data analysis and evaluation
- Invoice analysis
- Attend marketing events and functions with clients
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters
- CPA designation or working towards CPA designation
- Interest in pursuing secondary designation(s)
- 2 to 5 years work experience (post degree)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Must be able to work under pressure or tight deadlines
- Ability to understand a business and how loss events have impacted it
- Willingness to accept increasing responsibility as experience grows
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Additional language skills considered an asset
Take the next step towards an enriching, rewarding and fulfilling experience by applying today. Please email your cover letter and resume to:
Alaina Hern, Canadian Human Resources Manager
Address: 1791 Barrington Street, Suite 1901, Halifax, NS B3J 3K9
Click here to apply
MDD is committed to fostering a work environment that believes in treating all people with respect and dignity. Employee diversity and equality is an integral part of MDD’s business practices. MDD welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates selected throughout the recruitment process.
Thank you for your interest in MDD Forensic Accountants.