MDD is looking for a Staff Accountant to serve as an essential supporting function of the accounting team in our Detroit office. The ideal candidate will have a sound technical background in accounting/finance, possess strong communication and analytical skills, and can work independently.
About the Company
Tracing its roots back to 1933, MDD is one of the world’s top forensic accounting firms specializing in economic damage quantification calculations. With forensic accounting professionals in over 40 offices on 5 continents, MDD has global resources to assist our clients with their forensic accounting needs. MDD helps insurance companies, independent adjustment firms, multinational corporations, government entities, and individuals calculate the true economic damage of claims or disputes.
- Analyze financial data and accounting documents
- Prepare detailed spreadsheet and database financial models
- Review reports and schedules to verify completeness and accuracy
- Evaluate insurance claims and economic damage analyses prepared by others, including verification to source documents
- Work closely with senior staff on litigation cases, insurance claims and other forensic accounting matters
- Organize and manage significant amounts of data
- Research case specific relevant data
- Assist in the preparation of expert reports and other reports of findings
- Assist in the preparation of trial exhibits
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks and work within client deadlines
- Communicate results of analysis in a clear and concise manner verbally and in writing
- Additional duties assigned by senior staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Actively pursuing CPA designation
- Ability to speak multiple languages, a plus
- Willingness to travel and work additional hours as needed
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Possess a professional demeanor and be a positive thinker
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
MDD offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation and holidays, 401k and profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, and life and disability.
MDD applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to religion, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.