Our Halifax office is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team.
MDD is a specialized forensic accounting firm offering business valuations, forensic investigations and litigation support services. With more than 40 offices on 5 continents, our forensic accountants specialize in a wide range of practice areas.
Our assignments consist of disputes in commercial litigation, family law, fraud, business valuations, business disputes, natural and man-made catastrophes, lost profits, and insurance. Our partners and senior staff regularly provide extensive litigation services and expert witness testimony in courts, arbitrations and mediations throughout the world.
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical skills, a desire to work in a fast-paced work environment, as well as an interest in learning about new businesses. Our compensation packages are competitive with the major accounting firms.
We are looking for a qualified accountant with an interest in pursuing a career in forensic accounting.
The tasks performed will include, but are not limited to:
- Preliminary to intermediate analysis of sales, production and other accounting data
- Physical inventory observation, price testing
- Examination of source documents pertinent to engagement
- Checking and proofing reports and schedules
- Conduct phone, video or in-person interviews to obtain information
- Research, data analysis and evaluation
- Invoice analysis
- Attend marketing events and functions with clients
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters
- Working towards the Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA)
- Up to 3 years work experience (post degree)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Must be able to work under pressure or tight deadlines
- Ability to understand a business and how loss events have impacted it
- Willingness to accept increasing responsibility as experience grows
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook & MS Teams
- Additional language skills considered an asset
MDD firmly supports the development of our staff, and encourages continued learning through training programs, mentoring, and working with our global offices.
Take the next step towards an enriching, rewarding and fulfilling experience by applying today. Please include your cover letter, resume and transcript.
Alaina Hern, Canadian Human Resources Manager
MDD is committed to fostering a work environment that believes in treating all people with respect and dignity. Employee diversity and equality is an integral part of MDD’s business practices. MDD welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates selected throughout the recruitment process.
Thank you for your interest in MDD Forensic Accountants.