About the Company
With more than 40 offices on 5 continents, MDD is the world’s premier forensic accounting firm. Experienced in over 800 industries, we frequently work with government entities, independent adjustment firms, insurance companies, law firms, multi-national corporations and small businesses. Our forensic accountants specialize in a wide range of practice areas and our work spans more than 130 countries.
Our professionals help evaluate and determine litigation damages, business valuations and insurance claims in a clear and concise manner that can stand up to scrutiny. Our partners and senior staff regularly provide extensive litigation services and expert witness testimony in courts, arbitrations and mediations throughout the world.
Current and past assignments include a variety of high-profile cases related to commercial litigation, fraud and corruption, business valuations, business disputes, natural and man-made catastrophes, lost profits, business interruption, product liability and recall, and subrogation.
Our Toronto office is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical skills, a desire to work in a fast-paced work environment, as well as an interest in learning about new businesses. Our compensation packages are competitive with the major accounting firms.
We are looking for a qualified accountant with an interest in pursuing a career in forensic accounting.
The tasks performed will include, but are not limited to:
- Preliminary to intermediate analysis of sales, production and other accounting data
- Physical inventory observation, price testing
- Examination of source documents pertinent to engagement
- Checking and proofing reports and schedules
- Conduct phone, video or in person interviews to obtain information
- Research, data analysis and evaluation
- Invoice analysis
- Attend marketing events and functions with clients
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters
- Working towards the Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA)
- Up to 3 years work experience (post degree)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Must be able to work under pressure or tight deadlines
- Ability to understand a business and how loss events have impacted it
- Willingness to accept increasing responsibility as experience grows
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook & MS Teams
- Additional language skills considered an asset
MDD firmly supports the development of our staff, and encourages continued learning through training programs, mentoring, and working with our global offices.
MDD has introduced a hybrid work model that offers our team members the flexibility to work remotely and attend the office for various meetings, training and team collaboration activities.
Take the next step towards an enriching, rewarding and fulfilling experience by applying today. Please include your cover letter, resume and transcripts. We ask that you provide your application in both English and French.