Our forensic accountants understand construction projects and processes as well as the potential difficulties that may be encountered when things go awry. We have quantified construction damages for a wide range of projects including schools, hospitals, office buildings, government facilities, high rises, roads and bridges and sports stadiums. Our international presence allows us to assign the staff and resources that best fit the needs of any engagement.
MDD professionals know the litigation arena and are adept in assessing, organizing and analyzing financial document production, identifying key financial records for discovery requests and helping prepare interrogatories. We are also able to critique opposing damage expert reports, suggest questions on damage measurements for deposition and assess the financial impact of various theoretical scenarios that may affect the project critical path during alternative dispute resolution.
MDD provides construction related services such as:
- Providing insight to bond underwriters when a contract surety bond is involved
- Analyzing and categorizing contractor billings, job cost reports, supervisory reports, potential overruns and other relevant documentation
- Examining bank loans and interest documentation
- Analyzing damage components including equipment costs, increased payroll, general conditions, home-office overhead, soft costs and contractor lost profits
- Examining construction activity logs and record logs in conjunction with project timelines / critical path
- Performing reconciliations and pinpointing reasons for discrepancies
- Cost modeling for various project options
- Presenting independent findings in written reports with supporting documents
- Providing expert testimony when necessary