The financial services industry
The financial services industry not only plays a pivotal role in the world economy but it constitutes the largest group of companies in the world in terms of earnings and equity market capitalization. It encompasses a broad range of businesses that deal with money; including banks, credit card companies, investment funds, foreign exchange services, insurance companies, and accounting firms. With financial market conditions playing a huge factor in damage assessments, there is often a need to hire a qualified forensic accountant.
With more than 40 offices, MDD has resources in all the major banking centres around the world such as London, New York, Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
We have worked on thousands of financial services related engagements, involving some of the largest banks and financial institutions in the world – down to small community banks with a few local branches.
For decades, we have analysed and quantified damages, extra expenses and business interruption claims for the financial services industry. Following Hurricane Sandy, we quantified damages for a bank with almost 1,000 locations affected and we were hired to calculate damages following Hurricane Katrina and the hurricanes of 2004. After the terrorist attacks of 9/11, we were retained to calculate the significant losses to investment banks and retail banks. These engagements included quantifying losses due to the closure of financial markets, losses incurred due to the firm’s operation being suspended or relocated, and loss of rents for financial institutions with real estate properties.
MDD provides a wide range of services for the financial services industry including:-
- Quantifying property damage and business loss, including loss of rents analysis
- Analyzing industry data, including market conditions and fluctuations, to determine the potential impact on the institution’s profits
- Investigations into allegations of fraud and embezzlement committed by bank employees and officers
- Regulatory related investigations including Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and UK Bribery Act and Whistle-blower investigations
- Acting as consulting experts to the carriers that insure the financial services industry
- Providing expert witness testimony
Finally, we provide clients with regular updates and accurate, objective reports that are not only comprehensive but easy to understand.
Contact one of our experts below or filter experience based on region.