When land is taken or a construction project is carried out by an authority which disrupts the operations of a business, our professionals will identify the financial impact directly related to the event, review relocation costs, assess costs to cure, and perform market and competitor analyses.
As the world’s premier forensic accounting firm, MDD has Certified Valuation Analysts (CVAs) and Chartered Business Valuators (CBVs) with the experience and knowledge to deliver expert reports that are based on approved professional standards. These assessments may be used for negotiation for proceedings before courts and tribunals.
MDD can act for both landowners or applicants and all levels of government authorities.
When clients hire us to quantify a loss of profit or business value/goodwill, we can:
- Review historical and forecasted information, including analysis of balance sheets, income statements and cash flows
- Conduct meetings with management to discuss company history, operations, employees, customers, competitors and other relevant items
- Analyze and compare company performance to similar businesses within the industry
- Examine budgets, leases, sales contracts, purchase agreements, customer lists, local and national economies and management capabilities
- Analyze industry data to determine the event’s effect on profits
- Perform a comparative analysis of the company’s projected performance to its actual performance before, during and after the impacted period
- Examine unrelated events and conditions that may have affected actual sales during the impacted period
- Delivering an expert report
- Expert and consulting witness testimony
Contact one of our experts below or filter experience based on region.