OIL & GAS
EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE IN OIL & GAS INDUSTRY
Crude oil and gas is vital to many industries and accounts for a large percentage of the world’s energy consumption. The integrated operations of their extraction, refining and downstream petrochemical processing, as a whole, represent the world’s largest industry.
As the world’s premier forensic accounting firm, MDD’s experience in measuring loss and damage in the oil and gas industry is extensive and encompasses a wide range of operations, facilities and situations.
We’ve measured losses due to equipment failures, fires, explosions, floods, power failures, cyber-attacks, supply-chain issues, logistics issues, fraud, employee theft and others.
When clients hire us to quantify oil and gas losses, we will:
- Review operational, financial and management reporting records
- Interview key management, sales and operations staff
- Review criteria, assumptions and methodology used for forecasting and planning operations – from complex linear regression programs to more simplistic production capacity methods
- Compare forecasted operations to actual during the period of interruption and following
- Consider the impact of non-loss related factors such as quality, environment and market prices
- Assess the impact of changes to planned maintenance cycles and segregate unrelated operating conditions and events that may impact operations during the loss and recovery period
- Communicate the progress and results of the analysis in a clear and timely manner
- Expert and consulting witness testimony when needed
Contact our team members using the details below. These contacts simply supplement
any MDD contacts you may already use to help find the resources you need.
Miami - Ft Lauderdale (Handles Latin America Operations), LATAMView Bio
Contact one of our experts below or filter experience based on region.