In environmental damage claims, there can be issues involving government compliance. In addition, multiple parties may be involved or a significant portion of the costs associated with the claim may relate to expected or future remediation measures or costs. That’s why so many organizations turn to MDD for assistance with environmental damages matters.
As the world’s premier forensic accounting firm, we have experts that employ an investigative, independent approach to produce detailed, accurate assessments and reports that are easy to follow and stand up to scrutiny.
When needed, our experts are also very accustomed to working with specialists from other disciplines.
We can perform the following types of services:
- Verification and reconciliation of claims calculations
- Review of claims methodology and approach
- Review of support documentation
- Review of public company and industry disclosures
- Differentiation between normal and remediation costs
- Preparation of calculations and reports for negotiation or trial purposes
- Expert and consulting witness testimony
Toxic tort litigation can present unique challenges for litigants. As science and medical research become more sophisticated, the legal process and the basis for determining damages in these matters continue to evolve. For this reason, it’s essential to be aware of the latest standards and the most recent opinions on what constitutes reasonable damages.
At MDD, we have decades of experience in the area of toxic torts and understand the unique challenges that these cases present.
Our team of forensic accounting experts can assist clients in the fair distribution of financial damages awarded in toxic tort cases. This includes situations where the damages are being paid to an individual who suffered an injury due to exposure to toxic chemicals as well as instances where damages are being paid to a deceased’s family because the injury resulted in death.
Toxic Tort Services
We offer these forensic accounting services for matters related to toxic tort claims:
- Identifying relevant sources of evidence to assist the court in understanding the underlying drivers of the damage claim
- Ensuring the claimed damages are directly related to the cause of action and that they are supported and fall within the agreed-upon timeline
- Reviewing the coverage block and guaranteeing the underlying payments
- Determining whether the payment allocation is in compliance with the policy
- Working with counsel to create alternative distributions and project future “burn rates”
- Reviewing indemnity and expense payments
Contact one of our experts below or filter experience based on region.