We have quantified damages for various projects, including restaurants, shopping malls, residential homes and apartment buildings, condominiums, property management & realty companies, mortgage brokers, office buildings, and investment groups. Our global presence allows us to assign the staff and resources that best fit the needs of any engagement.
MDD professionals know the litigation arena and are adept in assessing, organizing, and analyzing financial document production, identifying essential financial records for discovery requests, and helping prepare interrogatories. We can also critique opposing damage expert reports, suggest questions on damage measurements for deposition, and assess the financial impact of various theoretical scenarios that may affect the project’s critical path.
MDD provides real estate related services such as:
- Providing insight to bond underwriters when a contract surety bond is involved
- Analyzing and categorizing contractor billings, job cost reports, supervisory reports, potential overruns, and other relevant documentation
- Examining bank loans and interest documentation
- Analyzing damage components, including equipment costs, increased payroll, general conditions, home-office overhead, soft costs, and contractor lost profits
- Examining construction activity logs and record logs in conjunction with project timelines / critical path
- Performing reconciliations and pinpointing reasons for discrepancies
- Cost modeling for various project options
- Presenting independent findings in written reports with supporting documents
- Providing expert testimony when necessary