There are many instances when an objective and accurate assessment of a company’s value is required.
As the world’s premier forensic accounting firm, MDD has Certified Valuation Analysts (CVAs) and Chartered Business Valuators (CBVs) with the experience and knowledge to deliver business valuation assessments that are based on approved professional standards. These business valuation assessments may be used for circumstances that include buy/sell agreements, determination of damages in third-party liability matters, dissenting shareholder actions, divorce settlements, estate and succession/exit planning, Initial Public Offerings, partner disputes and public domain matters.
Our CVAs also provide business valuation services that can be used as management or benchmarking tools to aid in strategic decisions such as the need to invest additional time and capital, sell or even close a business.
We pride ourselves on providing timely, accurate valuation reports in a budget-conscious manner. Our business valuation services include:
- Reviewing historical and forecasted data (balance sheets, income statements and cash flow)
- Conducting meetings with management to discuss company history, operations, employees, customers, competitors and other relevant items
- Analyzing and comparing company performance to similar businesses within the industry
- Examining budgets, leases, sales contracts, purchase agreements, customer lists, local and national economies and management capabilities
- Researching and reviewing comparable company sales
- Delivering an opinion and estimate of value
- Expert and consulting witness testimony
Our experts have prepared over 1,000 valuation reports in a variety of industries, including:
- Retail stores
- Automobile dealerships
- Professional services
- Consulting firms
- Media companies
- Internet service providers
- Energy (including oil and gas and mining)
- Financial services
- Travel and tourism
- Commercial bakeries
- Electrical supplies wholesalers
- Medical supplies manufacturers
- Ethanol production plants
We have assisted clients with their valuation needs across a variety of contexts, including:
- Estate planning
- Section 85 rollovers
- Succession planning / Management buyouts
- Shareholder agreements
- Shareholder disputes
- Transactional purposes
- Landlord/tenant disputes
- Claims for professional negligence
- Physical damage/destruction of business
- M&A disputes
- Deemed disposition upon death or departure from the country
- Issuance or cancellation of employee stock options or stock units
Contact one of our experts below or filter experience based on region.
At MDD, we offer a variety of free-of-charge training opportunities for our clients to give them a better understanding of how policy wording is applied in the real world and some of the common quantification issues we come across.
This training will focus on:
- Understanding the basic concepts and terminology related to business valuations
- Understanding the different business valuation approaches, and putting them into practice with a case study
- Understanding how business valuation principles and approaches can be used in unusual/complex situations
Training may vary from region to region. Contact us here to discuss your training needs.