For many decades, we have acted for insurers of airlines and airports as well as for a range of service providers such as bonded warehouses, flight schools, simulator operators and fuel suppliers.
With experts fluent in over 30 languages, we are able to assist clients who operate in numerous jurisdictions and could find themselves with a dispute in any corner of the world. Experts from our worldwide network can be immediately available to assist in assessing insured losses, investigate allegations of fraud or compile financial evidence and analyses to further a client’s case in a dispute.
Our professionals have extensive technical knowledge and understand the financial implications associated with aviation contracts, applicable tax and regulatory systems and the impact an event can have on a dispute or insurance claim.
Our partners and senior staff all hold accounting qualifications and many have additional qualifications in business valuation, fraud investigation and other related specialty subjects. They are experienced at preparing expert reports and documentation and have provided expert witness testimony in courts and arbitrations around the world.
MDD provides services for the aviation industry such as:
- Analyzing historical data to determine the impact of an incident on revenue, retail income and prices
- Reviewing of additional costs of working – including disaster management and response costs – that were incurred as a result of natural or man-made catastrophes
- Assessing business interruption claims and consequential losses being made due to an airport closure, power outage or other significant event
- Anti-fraud services
- Performing valuations for businesses operating in the aviation sector, required in instances such as shareholder disputes and contractual disputes
- Conducting internal audits for aviation related businesses
- Shadowing expert consultants
- Providing expert witness testimony and litigation support services when necessary