Our experts have the skills to identify instances where the business may have been able to mitigate its losses by relocating surviving livestock, purchasing from alternative sources, outsourcing or relying on subsidiaries to compensate for the loss. We can also determine whether or not increasing production capacity when the agricultural business resumes its normal operations may help to minimize losses.
MDD’s experienced professionals can help you accurately assess economic damages that were incurred by agricultural operations as a result of unforeseen events. We will:
- Review the company’s operational and financial records
- Interview key management, staff, suppliers, industry experts and customers
- Analyze industry data to determine the effect on profits
- Evaluate the company’s projected performance to its actual performance before, during and after the impacted period
- Perform market and competitor analyses
- Examine non-loss-related events and conditions that may have impacted actual sales during the impacted period
- Determine whether any aspects of the business can mitigate some of the loss
- Calculate damages solely attributable to the incident
- Provide expert reports and witness testimony if necessary
Finally, we provide clients with regular updates and accurate, objective reports that are not only comprehensive but easy to understand.