As a leading international forensic accounting firm, we offer our clients a distinct competitive advantage. We specialize exclusively in economic damage quantification: we do not provide tax or assurance services, which means we have far fewer conflicts in accepting engagements.
Some examples of our experience in class actions include:
- Assisting the defendant, Justice Canada in their defense of various class actions
- Assisting the plaintiff U.S. Foodservice in a multi-district class action
- Assisting in the review of attorney fees from over 1,000 firms and individuals
Our forensic accounting experts can assist with class actions in a broad range of industries, including: consumer goods, education, franchising, government, insurance, fraud, labor and employment, pharmaceuticals, pension, professional services and securities.
We offer class action support for both plaintiff and defense counsel including:
- Assisting counsel in articulating the damage methodology during the certification process
- Developing an approach and methodology for aggregate damage quantification and apportionment to class members
- Preparation of independent and objective expert opinions
- Responses to and critiques of opposing expert
- Assistance in mediation and other settlement proceedings
- Providing expert witness testimony if required
- Administration of settlement
For independent and objective assistance with class actions, hire MDD.