Our experts have significant experience providing analysis and testimony in IP matters addressing a wide range of damages issues including lost sales, lost profits, price erosion, reasonable royalties and unjust enrichment. MDD professionals have addressed IP damages issues in a variety of industries including automotive (OEM and Tier one suppliers), chemicals, computers, construction, consumer products, electronics, food service, manufacturing, mining, retail, software, surgical/medical equipment and telecommunications. Our experts have provided deposition and trial testimony on IP damages issues and are adept at presenting the findings in a clear and concise manner.
When you hire MDD for intellectual property matters, we can:
- Assess the potential magnitude of claims on a preliminary basis to assist with litigation strategy
- Assist in preparation of initial discovery requests to help identify the financial data and business records necessary for translating abstract economic theories into fact-supported opinions
- Evaluate and address the factors needed to support or rebut a claim for lost profits including product demand, available alternatives, manufacturing and sales capacity, and profit amount
- Evaluate reasonable royalty issues including the factors to be considered in the hypothetical negotiation, comparability of existing licenses and the application of the analytical method
- Quantify the infringer’s profits in design patent, trademark and trade secret matters including apportionment considerations where appropriate
- Support counsel in preparation for opposing expert depositions
- Provide expert witness testimony when necessary
For an objective assessment on economic damages related to intellectual property infringement, hire MDD.