For decades, MDD has quantified economic damages for pulp and paper mills, saw mills, re-manufacturing facilities, plywood and panel mills, integrated forestry companies, energy production and distribution organizations and fishing and hunting operations. Our experienced forensic accountants have solid knowledge of the competition, complex upstream and downstream integration, selling prices, the role of intercompany transfer pricing and the economic consequences of significant outages. What’s more they are aware of the impact of under insurance and how rebates are used in the sector.
When required, MDD can provide expert witness testimony as well as other forms of litigation support – such as expert reports and documentation – to our clients.
MDD provides a wide range of services for the forestry, fishing and hunting sector that include:
- Quantifying disputed amounts or financial losses
- Analyzing historical, industry data to determine the effect on profit related to the interruption
- Estimating the economic value of an owner’s interest in the business
- Fraud investigations and the measurement of losses on matters that include employee dishonesty
- Assessing the value of trade secrets or intellectual property
- Providing expert witness testimony
For rapid and accurate damage quantification assessments for forestry, fishing and hunting related claims, hire MDD.