About the Company
With more than 40 offices on 5 continents, MDD is the world’s premier forensic accounting firm. Experienced in over 800 industries, we frequently work with government entities, independent adjustment firms, insurance companies, law firms, multi-national corporations and small businesses. Our forensic accountants specialize in a wide range of practice areas and our work spans more than 130 countries.
Our professionals help evaluate and determine litigation damages, business valuations and insurance claims in a clear and concise manner that can stand up to scrutiny. Our partners and senior staff regularly provide extensive litigation services and expert witness testimony in courts, arbitrations and mediations throughout the world.
Current and past assignments include a variety of high-profile cases related to commercial litigation, fraud and corruption, business valuations, business disputes, natural and man-made catastrophes, lost profits, business interruption, product liability and recall, and subrogation.
Our Dallas office is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have a sound technical background in accounting/finance, possess strong communication and analytical skills, and can work independently.
We are looking for a qualified accountant with an interest in pursuing a career in forensic accounting.
The tasks performed will include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze and reconcile claim to final calculation
- Participate in strategic planning sessions with accounting team
- Analyze sales, production, and other accounting data
- Assist clients with conducting interviews during the financial investigation to accurately identify all parties involved
- Perform forensic research to trace funds and identify assets for recovery
- Prepare preliminary draft of report narrative and schedules
- Evaluate insurance claims and economic damage
- Work closely with senior staff on litigation cases, first party property, business valuations
- Represent the firm at local industry functions alongside senior leaders
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- CPA or actively pursuing designation
- Ability to speak multiple languages, a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Must have demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a professional demeanor and be a positive thinker
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
MDD offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation and holidays, 401k and profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability.
MDD applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to religion, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Take the next step towards an enriching, rewarding and fulfilling experience by applying today. Please include your cover letter and resume.