Join MDD’s Neal Cason, Kori Eskridge and Fred Ferrand from Swift Currie McGhee & Hiers LLP on Wednesday, September 9th as they discuss Insurance Considerations Relative to COVID-19.
The COVID-19 crisis has created havoc with businesses throughout the country. In an attempt to seek indemnification for their business losses created by the pandemic, an increasing number of companies are turning to their respective property insurance carriers for business interruption coverage.
Neal, Kori and Fred will discuss how carriers are responding to these claims and what policy exclusions and provisions can preclude the success of such claims. They will also examine how COVID-19 is affecting both non-COVID and COVID-related claim calculations of business losses. Further, they will conduct a mock examination under oath. Lastly, they will examine what certain state legislators are doing to ensure that coverage exists for these claims.
1:00 EDT Introduction and Overview
- Neal Cason, CPA, CFE, Program Co-Chair MDD Forensic Accountants
- Kori Eskridge, Program Co-Chair – Swift Currie McGhee & Hiers LLP
- Frederick “Fred” Ferrand, Program Co-Chair Swift Currie McGhee & Hiers LLP
1:15 Coverage for COVID-19 Business Interruption Losses From The Insurer’s Perspective
- Business interruption coverage
◦ The insuring language–when might business interruption coverage apply?
◦ What constitutes physical loss or damage to property?
◦ What other exclusions or policy conditions may preclude coverage?
- Calculating business interruption losses
- Investigation of claims—a mock examination under oath.
- The litigation of these claims: From single suits to MDLs to class actions.
- Update on legislative efforts to provide coverage for COVID-19 related losses
3:15 Question & Answer Session – Ask the Experts
GA CLE – May qualify for 2.25 general self-study credit through the GA Bar. Attorneys can self-apply by submitting a Form 8: Member Form (self study) to the bar.
Government / Tribal / Non-Profit $199.00
Other Professionals $199.00
Student / Professor $149.00
Pre Order On Demand:
All Sessions $249.00
Pre Order MP3 Download:
All Sessions $249.00