About the Company
With more than 40 offices on 5 continents, MDD is the world’s premier forensic accounting firm. Experienced in over 800 industries, we frequently work with government entities, independent adjustment firms, insurance companies, law firms, multi-national corporations and small businesses. Our forensic accountants specialize in a wide range of practice areas and our work spans more than 130 countries.
Our professionals help evaluate and determine litigation damages, business valuations and insurance claims in a clear and concise manner that can stand up to scrutiny. Our partners and senior staff regularly provide extensive litigation services and expert witness testimony in courts, arbitrations and mediations throughout the world.
Current and past assignments include a variety of high-profile cases related to commercial litigation, fraud and corruption, business valuations, business disputes, natural and man-made catastrophes, lost profits, business interruption, product liability and recall, and subrogation.
Our Boston office is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have a sound technical background in accounting/finance, possess strong communication and analytical skills, and can work independently. Our compensation packages are competitive with the major accounting firms.
Projects will include evaluations for economic damage values. You will be tracing funds, reviewing and analyzing financial data, performing revenue and expense projections, and learning to quantify damages as well as:
- Review reports and schedules
- Participate in strategic planning sessions with accounting team
- Input data and analyze invoices
- Assist clients with conducting interviews during the financial investigation to accurately identify all parties involved
- Perform forensic research to trace funds and identify assets for recovery
- Verify claim to source documents
- Evaluate insurance claims and economic damage
- Work closely with senior staff on litigation cases, first-party property, business valuations
- Assist in the preparation of accounting reports from financial findings
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws
- Research and other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 0- 2 years of accounting experience
- Actively pursuing CPA designation
- Ability to speak multiple languages, a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a professional demeanor and be a positive thinker
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
MDD firmly supports the development of our staff, and encourages continued learning through training programs, mentoring, and working with our global offices.
MDD offers an excellent benefits package including generous PTO, 401k and profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, and life and disability. A flexible work environment allows for remote work as needed.
MDD applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to religion, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Take the next step towards an enriching, rewarding and fulfilling experience by applying today. Please include your cover letter and resume.