In cases of destroyed and out-of-sight inventory, our experts analyze the financial records to verify their existence and value. Our skilled professionals can also perform tests for obsolete and slow-moving inventory.
We provide these services to help determine the value of stock and contents matters:
- Conduct test counts on a statistical basis to verify inventory accuracy
- Perform price tests on sample items to determine original or replacement cost
- Examine observed physical inventory prior to the loss
- Conduct a roll-forward analysis of all inventory transactions up to the date of loss and up to the date of the post-loss inventory
- Perform cut-off tests at pre-loss and loss dates to determine inventory received and dispersed
- Oversee and perform count of remaining inventory
- Validate original purchase dates and replacement dates
- Verify ownership
- Expert and consulting witness testimony
When stock and contents losses occur, hire MDD.