Our extensive experience measuring loss and damage in this unique and challenging industry encompasses a wide range of operations, facilities and situations. We have quantified damages across virtually all types of hydro-electric facilities, renewable power sources such as solar and wind and thermal plants including coal, natural gas, nuclear, bio-mass, waste, diesel and co-generation.
When our clients ask us to quantify a power generation loss, we can perform the following types of services:
- Review operational, financial and management reporting records
- Interview key management, sales and operations staff
- Review criteria, assumptions and methodology used for forecasting generation
- Compare forecasted generation to actual during the period prior to, during and following the loss period
- Consider the impact of non-loss related factors such as weather, environment and market prices
- Determine the impact of unrelated operating conditions and events revenues during the loss period
- Communicate the progress and results of the analysis in a clear and timely manner
- Expert and consulting witness testimony
For an accurate, credible assessment of a power generation related loss, hire MDD.