The construction of power generation plants is expected to increase around the world over the next twenty years due to rising demand, aging facilities and tougher environmental emissions standards.
The challenges this industry faces in operating these facilities, developing new technology for cleaner and renewable power and updating existing generating facilities and transmission infrastructures will create risks faced by few other industries.
When our clients ask us to quantify a power generation loss, we can perform the following types of services:
- Review operational, financial and management reporting records
- Interview key management, sales and operations staff
- Review criteria, assumptions and methodology used for forecasting capacity and generation
- Compare forecasted generation to actual during the period prior to, during and following the loss period
- Consider the impact of non-loss related factors such as weather, environment and market prices
- Determine the impact of changes to planned maintenance cycles as well as unrelated operating conditions and events on revenues during the loss period
- Assist in the analysis of decision-making process in relation to loss mitigation opportunities
- Conduct market studies in relation to demand, market pricing, dispatch hierarchy, etc., if/when needed
- Communicate the progress and results of the analysis in a clear and timely manner
- Expert and consulting witness testimony
For an accurate, credible assessment of a power generation related loss, hire MDD.